Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Tired Again!

Okay so that was a crappy attempt at a pun. Anyways. My car has a flat tire on it AGAIN. I don't know why I get so many flat tires with this car. (I drive a Honda Accord.) Maybe it's my parking lot, or maybe the car likes to shoot nails out of the bottom of it into my tires or something. No idea. So once again, it's in the shop getting fixed and I hope that it's not too expensive. I had to take it to Firestone, which is in walking distance from my work, instead of Dobbs, which is where I could possibly get the flat repaired for free because it might be under warranty. I opted for Firestone because I don't have anyone to drive me to Dobbs and I need to be able to get to my car so I can pick it up at lunchtime so I can let Jax out. I had to get here at 7:30 in order to pull all this off... yawn.

Does anyone have any ideas why one car might be so prone to flat tires? I swear I've replaced every single tire on the car since I bought it a couple years ago. It's a mystery to me.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt it's the car. It's probably more like the road or parking lots or something.

Do you just replace the tires, or do you just patch them? Nick had a flat and we got it patched yesterday. $6 at Wal-Mart. I know there's not one very close to you, but patching typically doesn't run too much.

Do you have AAA? They can be great when you have a flat.

-Tanya

11/16/2004 9:01 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Well I just heard from the guy at Firestone, they're able to patch it up, so that's good. I don't have to buy a new tire just yet. They also want to replace the bulb in my rear window brakelight cause it's out, but they want to charge me $16.99 FOR A FREAKING TINY BULB. I know that labor is not worth $16.49 or however much minus the price of the bulb which I can't imagine would be worth more than $.50. They also want to put on new wiper blades for $20-something. Sheesh. Buncha robbers is what they are... but at least I can drive my car without the spare now.

11/16/2004 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doncha love how you go in for a TIRE and they want to do all this other stuff? Nick and I always say no. So much cheaper to do wiper blades and light yourself!

-Tanya

11/16/2004 9:37 AM  
Blogger Craig J. said...

I definitely agree with Tanya. Do it yourself! They're just trying to rook you because you're a girl and they think you won't know any better. Easy money, for them.

11/16/2004 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home