Friday, November 05, 2004

Opportunities Abound!

What's better than one interesting job prospect in the travel industry? TWO interesting job prospects in the travel industry!!

Out of the blue, Clipper Cruise Line called me a couple days ago about a résumé I gave them back in June (I had interviewed with them even earlier than that, back in January, for another position). I returned the call, and as a result, I will be making a visit to their office on Monday... wish me luck! (Good thing Monday is a business dress day at my office, so that I don't look strange coming to work in interview clothes!)

I am also still pursuing the other position that my teacher told us about... sent my résumé off to them today. So we'll see what happens!! Exciting times... :)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just say again how excited and thrilled I am for you??? Dude, if they make you an offer, TAKE IT!!! Has your teacher talked about pay ranges in travel? My impression is it might be lower...will that be okay for you? I have a feeling that you wouldn't mind at this point, so long as it gets you into the field you want to be in and away from the place that has you divising resume drinking games!

-Tanya

11/05/2004 2:02 PM  
Blogger Tracie said...

Resume drinking games?? Why have I not been told about this??

11/05/2004 3:23 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Kristen - I can't believe they called either! It was so out of the blue. :) And the job my teacher told us about is a leisure travel agent at a small company in Chesterfield. He knows the guy that owns the place and apparently the guy had said, "hey, hook me up with some of your students, I got an entry-level position open here." Or something like that. So we'll see. I have an inkling that the Clipper job would pay more, but I could be wrong...

Tracie - It's a running joke around here... that if we did a shot every time we wrote phrases like "detail-oriented" and "excellent communication skills" on resumes, we'd be totally sloshed. :)

11/05/2004 3:35 PM  
Blogger Craig J. said...

Hope your boss doesn't read your blog ;)

Good luck sis!!!

11/05/2004 4:06 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

Hope your interview went well. Hopefully we'll be reading about your new job soon! Good luck!

11/09/2004 12:46 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/09/2004 8:02 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Hey, Jim, thanks for stopping by! :) No need to be jealous just yet... but hopefully soon I will have more possibilities to try for!

Jaime.. that would be nice!! :)

11/09/2004 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home