Friday, November 12, 2004

Jax Update

For those of you who may be wondering how my dog is doing... He has been taking Prednisone, a steroid to help the lump in his prostate go down. It has been having really good effects on him: the urinal bleeding has stopped, his energy level seems to be up, and his arthritis pain has been almost gone. It's like a wonder-drug. He still has accidents now and then, but they are less frequent. (I still don't trust him to sleep on my bed.) He is really skinny, however. I'd like to see him maybe put a pound or two back on, because he just feels so bony. The vet doesn't seem all that concerned about it though. We're going to start him on antibiotics again tonight after I pick some up from his vet. We have to bring him back in in about a month, to see how the Prednisone worked. Hopefully the results will be good. It would be nice to have a happy little puppy again for the time being. And he seems to be happy now.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome I am so happy for you and for Jax!

Jaime

11/12/2004 11:03 AM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

That's GREAT news! I was worried about him. Keep us posted.

11/12/2004 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home