Friday, December 17, 2004

Need Advice

I'm too busy right now to do much about this, but something's gotta be done. After all, one week from today is Christmas Eve and I don't know what to do. I'm so stressed and worried that I won't be able to do anything about this...

Ok, here's what happened: I ordered baseball merchandise for my niece and nephews in Phoenix: some Tshirts for the boys and a cute little onesie for my neice. I placed the order BEFORE THANKSGIVING, thinking I was so good for being ahead in the game. So I waited for the order to show up. And waited. And waited. And waited. Never came. So I finally tracked the package this week (ok, so I'm partly to blame for waiting so long to try to find out what happened), and saw that it was "delivered" on November 27, but I hadn't received a damn thing. So I contact USPS, which was listed as the mail carrier for the MLB shop. They forwarded the matter to my post office. Of course they knew nothing about it and all they could suggest was that I talk to the guy who actually delivers our mail. I knew he would NOT remember anything about a package on Nov. 27. So, I called up the MLB shop to ask if there was anything they could do. The nice lady looked up my order and said that it had been delivered, just not to my address. So I said "What can I do???" She said "Well, I'll put in another order and have it rushed to you, at no extra cost to you." I said, "Sounds great." Turns out that two of the items I ordered were out of stock. All they had were jerseys and other things that were more expensive than what I had ordered. I said I couldn't really make a decision about what to do until I contacted the other two people who were helping me with all of this, so all I had her do was place a claim to find out where MY package went, with a faint hope that maybe it could be found and rushed to my apartment. I doubt it's going to happen though.

So I'm going to have spent $45.00 on the kids and have nothing to show for it. And it's not even my fault. Why didn't these people call me before when my package was shipped to the wrong address??? I can't really call them up and complain now, because I should really scream at them, and I can't do that at work. And I'm too busy anyways. I'm trying to finish two days' worth of work in one morning. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I should do in this situation??? Please help!!!!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristi,

Since the company has already admitted that they delivered to the worng address you need to call them back and get your card credited for the total purchase including shipping.

Be polite about it, but accept no alternative.

:)

Laura

12/17/2004 11:33 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I'd be all about doing that, except now I have nothing to give the kids, and that's unacceptable... I have no other ideas.. I'd give them Cardinals stuff (the stuff I bought for them is Arizona Diamondback stuff) but that would look weird in Arizona and they aren't really Cards fans anyways... and they're getting ENOUGH toys from my parents...

12/17/2004 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the company have e-mail. You could e-mail from work. Did you talk to the company and see if they would substitute something more expensive at no cost since it was their mistake? Maybe they would rush a more expensive item at no cost so that you would have something to give the kids.

12/17/2004 12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take it from someone who buys gifts for five kids every year and has for a decade now:

-Can MLB get these items restocked at some point in the future? If so, have them send you the items (or send them to your brother and his family) once they have them back in stock, so even though they'll get them after Xmas, they'll still get them.

-If NOT, I'm with Laura: ask for a full refund, including the shipping cost.

-When kids are that young (they're all under 5 or 6, right?), they're still young enough that it's not a big problem if they don't have something from you under the tree. they'll get so many presents, first of all, and second of all, they're kids and they don't really care WHO the gift is from. As they get older, they'll know when they didn't get something from Aunt Kristi, but for now, you should be okay.

-If you get the refund, go ahead and get them something else, or just let your brother and sis-in-law know what happened, and they'll understand.

Tanya

12/18/2004 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home