Thursday, December 02, 2004

Long Night

Well, I may have spoken too soon in saying Jax was better. He only seemed better when I went to see him. Apparently when my sister picked him up, he was back to being sick. He was still sick when I got home from class. (Thankfully, she and her boyfriend were there watching him while I was in class, cleaning up after him.) He was sick all night. ALL NIGHT. I couldn't leave him alone for more than a few minutes... much less go to bed. I finally got in bed around 3 or so, but still couldn't sleep continuously because I kept hearing him getting sick... so needless to say I'm very tired today. He's back at the vet now and they're starting him back on the IV. I'm wondering if I should leave him there tonight because that seems to be what I should've done last night. I felt horrible for him. This morning he actually took a few sips of water and managed to keep it down. So that was good. Hopefully he'll do better after being on the IV all day today... yesterday he was only on it for a few hours, so we'll see what this does, and I may decide that he needs to spend the night so he can stay on the IV all night. They can keep it in him all night, but there will be no one to check on him... that's the only thing that scares me. If he can just sleep through the night, that's great, but I don't want him being lonely and needing to go outside and cold... those cages don't look very warm. So I'll talk to the vet today and see what he thinks. But then again, this is the same vet who said his dehydration seemed like "no big deal" Tuesday night. I'm sure he'll have changed his mind now...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Tracie said...

Poor Jaxie...poor Twisti. My heart goes out to you guys...

12/02/2004 10:39 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Yeah, he keeps throwing up. I am hoping that right now he is able to sleep with the IV, and I think they are giving him an anti-nausea medication too, so he should be feeling better. The way I look at it, this IS the way he would be treated, if it were treatable. We're going along with it as if we did the ultrasound and it turned out to be something treatable. If he doesn't respond well, then yeah, we have to decide what is the right thing to do.

12/02/2004 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Jax and Poor Kristi. I'm so very sad for you. I don't know hoow I could be of any help but if you need anything give me a call.

12/02/2004 1:35 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I'm going to see how he looks on Friday and try to make a decision from that. My mom is pretty upset by it too and has been helping out with paying for some of the treatments, which I am really grateful for.

12/02/2004 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home