Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Doggie ER

(Sorry if my Jax updates depress everybody. It's easiest to do it this way.)

Well, he's back in the hospital again today. Last night the vet seemed to think his dehydration was "no big deal" and gave him more Prednisone pills. Well then I wish he had been there to clean up all Jax's vomit this morning anytime he drank anything. And he won't eat anything at all, not even if I try to stuff it in his mouth, he just spits it out. So he CAN'T take the pills until he's feeling better. And he just lies there and shivers and whines. So I called the vet this morning, and they said his regular vet won't be in today, but his wife who is also a vet will be in at noon. But she said to go ahead and bring him in, and she'll watch him all morning for me, give him some water, take him out, and try to get him to eat. That was better than leaving him home alone, and I can't afford to miss that much work (although I'm pretty sure I'll have to leave early today to pick him up, and possibly be late to class too), so I think this works out best. The vet will call me when she gets in and looks at him. I'll let you all know...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracie said...

I think you need to see a different vet. It just doesn't seem right to me some of the things he has said. I mean, I know he's the vet and all, but to not be worried about severe dehydration?? Get a second opinion sweetie...

12/01/2004 9:08 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

That's why I feel better that it won't be him who's seeing him today, it'll be his wife, and maybe that will count as a separate vet? I don't know. I mean he did see another vet at the Emergency Clinic too... but if I don't like what she says today, there's another vet on Olive that I got a recommendation for, so I'll just have them fax all his records over there and I'll take him there...

12/01/2004 9:17 AM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

I'm sorry to hear he still hasn't improved. I know this is hard for you - if you need help, just let me know.

12/01/2004 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home