Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Holiday Prep

How on earth did Christmas wind up on our doorstep so quickly?? It sure got here in a hurry.

Well, I think I'm all nice and ready for the holidays to arrive. The pumpkin bread is made, the presents are bought (and some are wrapped, even!), the vacation days are scheduled, and I'm just finishing up my work for the week so I can enjoy the six days I'll have free from it. My brother and his family will be coming in town from Phoenix on Thursday night, and pretty much from that point on until they leave, I will be spending most of my time at my house, hanging out with my nephews Brandon and Ryan and my niece Emma. This will be the first time meeting Emma for me, and she is already a year old, having turned so on 12/9. I'm anxious to get to know the kids better. (In case you were wondering, we pretty much decided to give up on that package that got lost. We'll explain to my brother and his wife about what happened, and if need be we'll get them a GC to Toys R Us or something. They'll be cool with it.) I will probably be spending several nights at the house, including Thursday, definitely Friday, Saturday, and possibly Sunday and maybe even Monday as well... it'll be like a family getaway for me. I'm definitely looking forward to it. I'm going to relax and take it easy as much as I can... when we're not doing excursions with the kids to the City Museum, the Science Center, the Arch... but those will be fun too. And I'm going to eat. A lot, I'm sure. (Hmm... I wanted to do some more baking, but I'm not sure I'll have time for that one...) I'll just try to give up worrying about the weight gain with a sound assurance that when the holiday is over, I'll hit the treadmill again and just take it off. In a couple weeks no harm will be done. Right? Right. :)

Tomorrow, my last day at work before the Christmas holiday, I have to work a late shift from 11:30 to 8:00 (we started staying open until 8:00, and so they need people to work the late shift from time to time.) That won't be too fun, but in the morning I plan to do a good workout (might be my last one before the holiday) and take a nice bath before going to work. The only question will be: should I use the Hot Toddy, or the Christmas Cracker? (Hm, that one appears to be out of stock... glad I got it while I could!) Or neither and opt for the Two-Timing Tart? Choices, choices!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i used part of a bubble bar the other day. i don't remember which one, though. it was purple and green and sorta sparkly. and it was awesome. hmm...i might have to take some to my parents house and steal away to the jacuzzi tub after i drive eight hours to get there...

linda

12/21/2004 9:20 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Ah, sounds like Bathos. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I may also want to take some of my bubble bars to my parents to use in my mom's nice big bathtub.. :)

12/21/2004 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like sooo much fun!

Oh yeah, the 11:30 to 8 sucks and doesn't suck. It's soooo quiet in the evening; must be like working on a weekend. And the free time in the a.m. is nice. It's definitely weird to come in at that time of the day, though.

tanya

12/21/2004 11:28 AM  
Blogger Tracie said...

I have NO IDEA how Christmas snuck up on us like it did! I am not even CLOSE to being ready for it! I'm really terrified that I might forget someone, and I hate that feeling.

And I wish my parents had a nice big tub I could use...

12/21/2004 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home