Thursday, October 21, 2004

Yeah! (x2)

I'm sorry, but you'll have to read entries from me about baseball until after the World Series... I was pretty excited about both of last night's wins!! Well, of course the Cardinals (thank you Jim!!), but how about that historic win by the Sox over the Yanks? Their comeback from a 3-0 deficit in the series is something that has never been done before and you can't help but feel a little happy for them for that. Well, now if by some chance the Cards don't make it to the WS, I will still have a team to root for; I'll hope that the Sox can make it all the way. But not if they're playing us. :) I was worried for a little bit that it would be a Houston/New York matchup, in which case I probably wouldn't care who won. Actually, I'd probably pull for Houston over New York. Yes, that's right, even with the "Killer B's". (Sorry, Jaime P.!)

Anyways... well since I didn't blog yesterday, I'll fill in a little bit about Tuesday night's class... we played around with Sabre a little bit. The most I can do in it right now is bring up a simple flight schedule. I can type 12DECSTLSEA10A and that should pull up a list for all flights going from St. Louis to Seattle around 10:00 a.m. on Dec. 2. (no, not Dec. 12... the first 1 is an action key saying "check for availability". So if I wanted Dec. 12, it would be 112DEC...) I'm also kind of excited that you can choose your own color scheme. So if I want a PINK screen instead of a blue one, I can do that. :) Anyways tonight we'll play around with it some more.. but the bad part is that when we have Sabre open, we're not supposed to have any other programs running at the time, so I won't get to watch tonight's game in class!! Hmph. I'll just have to check it during breaks.

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

YAY CARDS!! I feel good about our chances tonight. I am hoping that tonight's the night our guys start to get hot. They're just saving their energy for the World Series, right? They just wanted to make things more dramatic by allowing the series to get to Game 7, right?? Man, I'm going to be an absolute wreck this evening. I think I may need beer to get through this one. :) Heh. Oh, and by the way Kristi? There is a terrifying picture of Jim Edmonds on stlcardinals.com. It's in the section that lists the most current articles, and it's just a headshot, but Edmonds looks like he's Trogdor, and he's really really pissed, and he's coming to our town to burninate us. Seriously. I'm scared. Someone hold me.

YAY RED SOX!! That was a hell of a baseball game they played in NYC. Wow. Johnny Damon was unbelievable. A grand slam!! Against the Yankees!! In their home stadium!! It was beautiful. Poetic justice. A-Rod looked like he wanted to cry. And I got just a little kick out of thinking about somewhere, Nomar Garciaparra was watching, and probably shed a little tear. I guess I shouldn't make fun, because that could be our guys after tonight, but that's GOTTA hurt.

And I think that you're paragraph explaning how to use Sabre almost made my head explode. :) But I'm glad that you're doing so well in your class.

10/21/2004 9:15 AM  
Blogger Tracie said...

TROGDOR!!!! :) That's funny Steph...especially coming from you since I know how much you love good 'ol Jim. :)

GO CARDS!

10/21/2004 9:53 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

As soon as I learn to pull up fares for those flights, I'll letcha know! :)

10/21/2004 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home