Friday, September 15, 2006

E is for Empire Falls


I'm going to start keeping a sidebar on my blog of what I'm reading. "Empire Falls" by Richard Russo is going to be the first. Check the "Currently Perusing" heading underneath "Blogmates" to the left.

This is a book about a small town in Maine and the day-to-day lives of the inhabitants there. I've only just started it, but it's fascinating how well this author depicts small-town life. Makes me think that I could find it on a map. My sister recommended it to me after she and her best friend fell in love with it, so I figured I'd give it a try. It won the Pulitzer Prize, after all. :)

So whenever I start reading a new book, I'll update the sidebar. If anything else, it's another way to keep me updating on a regular basis! That's of course only if I start new books on a regular basis... something I'd like to do anyway.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I really mean to read more. I try, but I've been so consumed with knitting and crochet lately that by the time I go to bed I fall right to sleep!

(that used to be my reading time...once I was in bed but not going to sleep right away)

9/15/2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Yay for books! (And I believe that Empire Falls was recently made into a movie w/ Paul Newman...)

Sweet - I'll keep an eye on your sidebar...

9/15/2006 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home