Monday, September 11, 2006

A is for Apple

The BIG Apple, that is.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The spirit of New York resounds especially today, five years later. I don't know what words of significance I can say on this day, other than the resilience and bravery of the New Yorkers is inspiring to the whole world. I feel lucky and blessed to have gotten a chance to visit that great city last year, and have felt the urge to go take it on again sometime soon. Big cities are fascinating to me, and this one is the quinessential urban dream. I could spend a day riding the subway and finding out new hidden treasures. I saw most of the "big stuff" already, so it's time to uncover more of the character of the city. I've made excuses to go back, including new musicals being released (like "The Pirate Queen," which I want to drag Tracie to), and swapping one city for another (if my sister takes me to Las Vegas, I will take her to New York), so it's not a question of "will I?", it's a question of when, and which excuse will I use??

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

I don't think you ever need an excuse to visit NYC. :)

9/11/2006 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home