Tuesday, July 07, 2009

S is for S'mores

I made Baking Bites' S'more Cookie Bars for a housewarming party a year or so ago. They were maybe one of the most amazing things I've ever made, and pretty simple as well. I loved how you can perfectly fit two king-sized Hershey bars side-by-side in the 8" baking pan to provide the gooey chocolate inside.



But my jaw almost dropped when I saw she took the S'mores idea even further and developed a S'mores Cake.



She used graham cracker crumbs in the place of flour to make this cake. Genius, I tell you. Sheer genius.

And speaking of genius... my favorite sweet-toothed lady, Jessie Oleson of Cakespy, created a new treat with a name all its own: S'moreos!!



Yep, folks, that's an Oreo opened up with a marshmallow and piece of chocolate in between. Super cute.

Did you know there's a National S'mores Day? Me neither! And it's only a week after my birthday! :) Almost (almost) makes me want to go camping and take along the skewers, graham crackers, marshies and chocolate.

And something else not related to S'mores at all, but still starting with S, is this delicious-looking Fresh Strawberry Pie:



(That's in honor of Janice, who LOVES Strawberry Pie and whose wedding anniversary is today. I don't think she reads this blog either, but Happy Anniversary anyway, Janice!!)

Added later: I just saw after I posted this entry that Houlihan's sent me an email letting me know that S'mores are back on their menu. Sweet!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home