Monday, June 29, 2009

M is for Maple

I love maple syrup. I love pancakes and waffles and french toast, but what I love most about them is that you can soak them in maple syrup. No fruit or whipped cream or powdered sugar, I just want syrup-dense cakey joy.



So naturally I like to bake with maple syrup. Not too long ago I made Maple Cornbread for a co-worker's baby shower. Ok so I don't know what cornbread has to do with a baby shower. I just wanted to make the stuff.



Also at work, I scribbled down a recipe from some cooking magazine I found some time ago, for Maple Syrup Cake. It's a bundt cake with a maple syrup glaze. Sounds yummy delicious and I can't wait for the right opportunity to bake it.

I also found this recipe for Maple Cupcakes with Maple Butter Frosting. Whoa.



Speaking of maple butter... I will never forget the delicious maple butter on honey wheat bread I had at 54th Street Grill & Bar in Wentzville. I think I ate a whole loaf.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracie said...

Dude. You must make the maple cupcakes. And then invite me over.

:)

6/30/2009 8:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/24/2015 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home