Wednesday, June 24, 2009

J is for Jan Hagels

I made these freaking addictive cookies a while back and was an instant huge fan. They are basically just easy butter cookie squares sprinkled with chopped nuts.



They are super simple to make. All you need are: 1 cup butter or margarine, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg (separated), 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tbsp water, and 1/2 cup very finely chopped walnuts. Mix together the butter, sugar, and the egg yolk. Add in the flour and cinnamon, sifted together. Pat mixture into the bottom of a 13x9 pan. Mix the remaining egg white with the tbsp of water and brush on top. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake for about 20-25 minutes at 350. Cut into strips.

Go on, I dare you. Believe me when I say they are addictive!



Here are my little cookies, before I devoured them. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home