Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The National Mall

Been there, done that, seen it, sick of it!! :) I think I walked it twice, at least. Went from the Capitol clear down to the Lincoln Memorial. Saw the National Museum of Air and Space, the National Archives (including the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights...neato), and the National Museum of Natural History, where I got to see dinos again like in New York. I visited the World War II Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, the Vietnam Memorial, and took a picture from afar of the Jefferson Memorial (they don't make it all that easy to get to from the other stuff, and at that point you're so sick of walking, you think why bother?? Unless you really have a thing for Jefferson, I suppose). Then I took a picture of the White House. I was done for the day after that, and it was only about 3. I met up with Tanya at 5 after hanging out at the Smithsonian Castle for a bit (yep, I did have my obligatory castle experience on this trip!).

Tomorrow I am doing Arlington Cemetery in the morning and then we'll go from there. I'm pretty achy and sore at this point. I hope I'm well enough in the morning to make it and I hope the blisters on the bottoms of my feet don't hurt as bad. I don't want to miss out.

Ok, more later...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home