Thursday, February 14, 2008

Go Blue Devils!



My sister has been a HUGE Duke fan for some years now. And only in the last few years, I've been sharing in her Duke mania, if somewhat to a lesser degree. But the basketball games are just fun to watch. Because Duke almost always wins. Right now they're 21-1 in their season, and undefeated in their division. They work well together on the court. And how can you not respect their coach, Mike Krzyzewski (YES I can spell his name without looking it up!)? He will stand for nothing but class on his team... Duke players are usually clean-cut guys without all the tattoos up and down their arms. They're a well-run, well-playing team that's fun to root for.

Jen says that lots of people say to her that they can't stand Duke, because they're like the Yankees of college basketball. She says it's not like that at all... they didn't get where they're at because of loads and loads of money and being able to recruit the highest-paid players. They got where they are because of Coach K being an excellent coach and recruiting the best playing talent. Makes sense to me.

In other basketball news, Mizzou beat Nebraska yesterday, 86-78 in overtime! That was exciting. :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

Wow, I never paid attention before. Coach K has as many z's in his last name as Todd.

2/14/2008 11:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, and I *still* don't remember how to spell Bartoske..uh, Bartoski..uh...Todd's last name.

So you're all Cardinal red and Duke blue, huh?? :)

2/14/2008 10:18 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I made up a little song to help me remember how to spell Krzyzewski (just had to sing it to myself now, just to type that). :)

2/15/2008 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home