Thursday, February 21, 2008

Purple Pics!

I had no idea what to do for purple. So I collected some cool purple pictures. Can't go wrong with purple pictures.



I will always have a fondness in my memory for purple irises. Their scent takes me straight back to the house I grew up in, because they grew in the backyard and we loved to smell them.



Amethyst is the birthstone for February, so it's only appropriate to mention it in the Purple Post. I have a stone that looks like one of these. :)



Here is a cool painting I found. It's called "Purple Backstreets" by Kazuya Akimoto. Neato.



Here is an awesome sky pic. The caption for this read: "Purple sky over Leland’s Fishtown in Leelanau County." Dunno where that is.



Here is a comic illustrating a joke by Mitch Hedberg, drawn by a brilliant artist and cartoonist named Brianna Garcia, maybe more well-known by the online moniker "bri_chan." You can view more of her art here. She has an interesting sense of humor when it comes to Disney... :) (you may need to click on the strip to read it better)



Grape water! I love this stuff. I gave up diet white soda for Lent (usually my "water" throughout the day at work) and drink this stuff instead. It's yum.


And finally, I couldn't resist, for Tracie's sake:

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger tanya said...

Great idea to use pictures!

Leelanau County is in Michigan, apparently. With the spelling on that, I thought maybe it was hawaii, but no such luck. :(

2/21/2008 5:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The "Purple Backstreets" painting is so purple it made my eyes hurt a bit. I like it, though. :)

Cool post - I dug it. (And I knew the Mitch joke without enlarging it, though I did anyway. Heh.)

2/21/2008 5:22 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I added one more... I looked at what I was drinking while I was posting and thought "duh! Forgot one!" :)

2/21/2008 5:57 PM  
Blogger Tracie said...

So...Much...Purple!!

and that is all

:)

2/21/2008 11:02 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

OMG, my cat doesn't even get that scared. Poor little thing.

2/22/2008 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home