Thursday, February 07, 2008

Green Bay, WI: Home of...



You thought I was going to say the Packers, right? NOPE! Unless you're talking about packin' napkins, cause that's what this city can do. They are home to the FASTEST NAPKIN MAKIN' MACHINE IN THE WORLD. That's right, IN THE WORLD. A little company called Fort James could crank those puppies out faster than you could say Brawny, until they got bought out by Georgia-Pacific (which happens to be a major client of my current employer).

You wonder how I know this? I had the pleasure of rewriting the résumé of an ex-napkin-packer for this company today. And I was just ever so slightly amused that he pointed out that he operated the fastest napkin machine in the world. I just wondered how he knew such a fact. Was it tested? Was it put up against other napkin-makers? I just don't know.

And just so that this isn't a totally wasted post, here's some Valentine's Day news for M&M's fans:

Green M&Ms for Valentine's Day?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Napkin packer. Napkin packer. Napkin packer. Napkin packer.

Yep - still funny.

2/07/2008 8:45 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

I think I read a story about that machine a while ago.

"All the other napkin paking machines were green with envy."

Maybe, I just made that up.

2/07/2008 9:07 PM  
Blogger Tracie said...

Oh Lordie. I wish I had something like "operated the fastest napkin packing machine" on MY resume.

I would then be SO cool.

2/08/2008 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home