Friday, March 21, 2008

Grabbing for the Gold

Other than a couple brown shirts with gold accents (like my new Hard Rock Cafe Tshirt from DC) and my awesome gold belt, gold doesn't play much of a role in my life... so once again I am scraping the bucket on this one. :)

I am getting swept up by the phenomenon that is March Madness, as this year I filled out a bracket to try to predict who will go for the gold this year. On my first bracket I picked Memphis to take it all. My sister gave me a few wise pointers and I re-did my bracket, now picking Kansas to take it all. We shall see. As much as I don't like Kansas...but anyways. I am no good at this. But so far I haven't been doing too terribly. I'm sure the next round will be the bracket-buster for me. :)

And since this is the gold post, here are some pictures of gold things... places actually... ;)







They have announced the next fam trip at work, Berlin and Budapest! The bottom picture shows the Corinthian Grand Hyatt in Budapest which is one of the hotels we'd get to stay at. (The first picture shows the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, second picture is of buildings along the banks of the Danube River in Budapest.) They haven't started the sign-up sheet yet, but I'm gonna put in for it... it will take place the first week of May. I could do that. But since I did get to go on a fam trip last year, my chances probably aren't good...they like to pick people who haven't been on fam trips yet. I guess it all depends on how many other people put in for it. But I sure won't miss a chance to go for this golden opportunity to expand my travel horizons!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

I can't wait until I can afford to do some traveling abroad. I really want to spend about 3 months traveling all over Europe. Maybe some day.

3/24/2008 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home