Monday, February 21, 2005

Coming Soon...

In the near future, I will be updating Open Seas from my new Mac G3!!

(I can already hear all of you in MacWorld saying, "Whoo HOO!!!!! A new Mac user!!!")

That's right, my wonderful brother is selling me his G3 since his recent purchase of a G4. I'm getting a pretty good deal and finally my very own personal computer. I really need to cut back on personal internet usage at work and my sister's computer is riddled with viruses and spyware, and I would just rather not worry about viruses and spyware. So we'll see how I do with a Mac. It'll take some getting used to, because I really haven't used a Mac since our old antique one that we had a long time ago (Craig, if you have a link for that one, send it to me.) :) But I'm REALLY looking forward to having my own computer,with my own space to save digital pictures and files and what-not, and I can do all my own internet surfing, and it'll be so great. I should be getting it in within the next couple of weeks. I'm very excited!!

Thanks again, Craig!! :)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Very, very, very exciting.

2/21/2005 10:08 AM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Woot!! I'm jealous. But I'm also glad that you have to deal with all the crap on your sister's machine. Have fun! :)

2/21/2005 11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, not to burst a bubble or anything, but keep in mind - this machine is about 3 or 4 years old. As such, it WON'T be superfast. These are still really nice laptops, with a DVD player and what have you, but they're definitely not top of the line either, and often don't have a huge amount of space for storing pictures.

Hmm, just looked - it's worse than that, it's 5 years old. The big questions will be a) does it have a cd burner, b) how much hardrive space, and c) how much ram.

Either way though, no virus's on this puppy - and no spyware. As such, should work a ton better :) Let me know if ya need help with it! And, if nothing else, have to say this - it's better the Winblows!

2/21/2005 1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO! Macs rule! I have a G4 Powerbook, and I love it more than life itself. Well, maybe not that much, but pretty close. Have fun!

2/21/2005 3:33 PM  
Blogger Craig J. said...

Jason .. good points .. the machine does not burn CDs. However, there are external CD burners that she can get for it if she wants to .. she's getting a very good deal. And it does play DVDs, very well. It's not superfast, but for surfing the Web, playing games and keeping a digital picture library, it does very nicely.

2/21/2005 4:50 PM  
Blogger Craig J. said...

Kristi .. you mean this one?

2/21/2005 4:56 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

ERIKA!! How you doing? Good to see you stopped by! Yeah, I'm joining the ranks of the MANY Mac users I know... :)

Jason, yeah, but it's better than what I got now.. NOTHIN! (well, nothing of my own) :)

Craig... that's definitely the one!!! Hee.

2/21/2005 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home