Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Class Overview

Well, now I have been to both of my classes that I will be in this semester. The cruise class will be a lot of fun. It's practically all the same people from last semester, same teacher, and we even are sitting in the same places, so it's like hardly anything changed. Our project for this class sounds pretty cool: we get to research and plan a cruise (or riverboat) itinerary. So that'll be interesting to work on.

My second class, "Intro to Hospitality," is a general overview of the hospitality industry, including hotels, restaurants, and tourism. So I'll get a wider view of the whole spectrum. Plus I have a side interest in bed-and-breakfasts and think it would be a lot of fun to run one someday in a quaint little town by the sea somewhere, so maybe this will let me indulge that dream a little. Our project for this class is to find someone in the industry who does what we want to do, and interview them and write a paper, supported by internet research, on that particular niche. Eesh. That doesn't sound fun. I don't know who to interview. It'll be a challenge, at least.

Now I have two expensive books to crack open this week and start reading... just need to find the time to do it...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home