Saturday, January 01, 2005

Low Key New Year

This year's New Year's celebration was a welcome change from some of the more recent ones I've had... I stayed in and played games. It was awesome. I drove to Columbia to spend New Year's with my brother Craig and his girlfriend Paige. We had a great time. First we went to Buffalo Wild Wings to play trivia and eat--what else--wings. Then we headed over to Paige's and watched the end of "Finding Nemo" (it was on cable) and then played a game of Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture. I won. :) Then we only had about ten minutes to midnight, so we poured champagne, counted down the seconds, and wished each other a Happy New Year. We heard fireworks going off outside, so we went out to watch. We couldn't see much. Then Paige went to bed and Craig and I played "Scene It" (he won) and then watched a little of "Return of the King" since it was on cable. But we got tired and went to bed too. I slept till 11 and left Columbia around 3, stopped at Mid Rivers Mall to see if I could find any new throw pillows for my couch (nope), picked up dinner and went home and stuffed my face full of Taco Bell, watching "When Harry Met Sally" on TV. Pretty low key and I like it. :)

We'll see what new surprises 2005 brings! Happy New Year everyone.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We kept things low-key, too: we sat on the couch and had a Gilmore Girls Season 2 marathon. :)

And Midrivers Mall generally sucks. I attribute the problem to the presence of Borders.

Okay, that's harsh. The movie theater is great and JCPenney's is good, but overall...I can't find anything else good there, so I stay away and go to Target instead.

-Tanya

1/02/2005 12:03 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

MRM has a JC Penny's? I didn't see it. I went in Dillards, Famous Barr and Sears and found squat. Oh well.

1/02/2005 2:15 PM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

I'm glad you had such a fun time. :) Our New Year's celebration was...uneventful. I'll post more about it later this week.

1/03/2005 8:03 AM  
Blogger Craig J. said...

I'm glad you came out, Kris :) Paige and I had a lot of fun with you in town. Yeah, it was low-key and stuff, but that's the way we always are .. it was really great of you to make the drive and see us.

Have a good week and stuff! And good luck with your new years resolution!!

1/03/2005 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home