Friday, October 08, 2004

Scores from yesterday...

Cardinals took Game 2, by the score of 8-3 again! (Good score... that's my birthday! Yay!) KEEP ROCKIN, CARDS!! They only need one more win to take this series and move on to face either the Astros or the Braves. They face the Dodgers on their homefront on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. Central. Hopefully I will have my rear planted in front of a TV somewhere to see!

In other news, the Braves beat the Astros last night 4-2 in 11 innings. That series is tied 1-1. In the American league, Boston is leading the series vs. the Anaheim Angels 2-0 and the Yankees-Twins series is tied 1-1. Looks like a Boston-NY series is very possible... that could be exciting, but still, I want the Yanks eliminated as soon as possible just to get them OUT. Although it would be SWEET to beat them in the World Series. I'm just so tired of the Yanks in the World Series year after year... why not let someone else have a chance (to get dealt with by St. Louis of course!)?

This has been your morning baseball report... Stay tuned in for more updates as they come! :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

I'm sorta hoping for a Cardinals-Boston WS. It would be so sweet for Boston to defeat New York in the next series and then go on to face us. And get beat, of course. :)

10/08/2004 8:54 AM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Man, I don't think I've seen a more agonizing ballgame in a long time. I was so excited and nervous and yelling at the TV that I'm shocked that my neighbors didn't come down and tell me to shut the hell up. It was awesome. I don't know if I'd feel that way still if the *Dodgers* had ended up winning, but they didn't, so it doesn't matter. Heh.

Even as scary as parts of that game were, my confidence in our team is totally renewed. The way Sanders, Renteria and Matheny played was fantastic. I mean, Hollywood struck out all night long, and Rolen didn't fare much better...and we STILL WON. And Danny Haren was outstanding. Too bad he didn't get the home run. He was *thisclose*. God, I love this team!!

10/08/2004 9:41 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Yeah, I was watching on my computer at school, and we were taking a quiz, and at times I wanted to stand up and cheer, but that would've just been weird. :) Then I got home from class and watched the rest of it on TV. It was great. :)

10/08/2004 10:16 AM  
Blogger Craig J. said...

All right! Thanks for the update from the Open Seas sports desk. :)

10/08/2004 12:26 PM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Hee! I could just see it:

"Ahoy there, mateys! This be Firs' Mate Joe Buccaneer here, reportin' live from the Poop Deck for the Open Seas Sports Report. Well, blow me down! Those Cardinals be on a roll! Take that, Dodgers...ya scalawags!! Whoo!! Back ta Cap'n Happy in tha galley at our News Desk..."

10/08/2004 2:28 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

I'm so glad you're doing these update thingys. Keeps me up to date (well, duh..) about what the guys are doing from an actual fan and not a biased newscaster. And I agree that the Yankees need to go away some place remote. And take the Braves with them.

10/08/2004 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home