Wednesday, October 06, 2004

DogBlog

Most everyone knows that I am just crazy about my dog, a cute little black peekapoo (Pekinese/poodle mix) named Jax. And some of you might know that I actually very rarely call him Jax. Some of you have been over to my place and I'd say to my dog, "Come here, Sugar Muffin, let's go outside..." and I'd get a funny look from you and explain, "yeah, I call him just about everything there is." Well last night I was thinking about just how many nicknames I have for my dog. I'm only going to list my favorites here, just to give you an idea:
  • Sugar, Sugar Muffin, Sugar Sweets, or Sugar Pops
  • Little Dog or Baby Dog
  • Pumpkin, Pupkin, Puplet, or Pupcake
  • Sweetie Pie or Sweetheart
  • Schnookums
  • Bitsy Boodles
  • Poodlums
  • A combination of any of the above: ie, Sugar Schnookums
  • And when my dog was ill: Sicky Poo

I think the only times I call him "Jax" are when I'm mad at him or trying to make him do something. "Come here, Baby Dog... Come here. Come here, Jax. JAX! COME HERE!"

One of my favorite things to say to my dog goes like this: When it's time for him to go for a walk, most people would say, "Do you wanna go for a walk?" Not me. I need something a bit more humorous. So first, I'll ask my dog if he is feeling particularly like a large lizard commonly kept as a pet. "Jax, are you an iguana?"

Then I'll ask him if he is feeling like a small burrowing rodent often found on golf courses with qualities of a large lizard commonly kept as a pet. "Jax, are you an iguana gopher?"

Finally, I'll ask him if he is feeling like a furry teddy-bear-like Star Wars creature with qualities of a small burrowing rodent often found on golf courses and of a large lizard commonly kept as a pet. "Jax, are you an iguana gopher Ewok??" Then I'll say that a couple of times until he starts getting excited and jumping up and down, which I think is hilarious.

Yes. I am weird. But I love my doggie, despite the eccentricities it makes me have.

Oh man... I just realized that no guy who reads this blog will ever want to date me, for fear of eventually being called "Poodlums." Don't worry, guys. Won't happen. I only say it to Jax because he can't understand me and bite my ankles for it.


Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Hee hee! That reminds me of my old dog, Max. He would answer to anything, as long as you said it in a sweet voice. "Come here, Pretzel Stick!" or "Come on, Butthead!" However, we only had one official nickname for him. "Maxwell T. Puppy". The 'T' stood for "the". Ha ha ha...

10/06/2004 1:17 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Awww, Max... Well Jax just turned 10 years old last weekend, so I hope in his old age he doesn't start forgetting what his real name is, because I hardly ever use it... :)

10/06/2004 1:21 PM  
Blogger Craig J. said...

Yes, you are weird. - Your Brother

10/06/2004 1:39 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Ouch... that could be saying a lot! ;)

Sorry, I just felt the need for some silliness today... just don't mind me...

10/06/2004 1:42 PM  
Blogger Tracie said...

Well now come on! You can't forget...

"Pikachu!" or "Pukey McPukes-a-lot"!

Hee hee...we love you for your eccentricities...

10/06/2004 1:46 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Actually, I thought of "Pukey McPukesALot," but I didn't want to discourage people from coming over to my apartment, because I like visitors! It was only when he was sick that one time... :)

And only YOU call him Pikachu!! :)

10/06/2004 1:53 PM  
Blogger Tracie said...

hee...I know. :) And you're right, it was only the one time that he was sick. I just figured, you can't almost puke on my foot without gaining a nickname from me! :)

10/06/2004 2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent entry, Kristi! Very funny. :)

Tanya

10/06/2004 3:44 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Aw, come on!! It was JUST that ONE TIME!! Ha ha ha... :)

10/06/2004 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home