Monday, September 27, 2004

Wine, Wine, and Ghosts

Excursioned around St. Louis today with the fam, visiting some of my favorite St. Louis spots. The first stop was Montelle Winery which has arguably the prettiest view of any winery in the St. Louis area. I was trying to decide what other place the lush, green, rolling countryside reminded me of, until I finally admitted to myself, "well, maybe Missouri can be pretty on its own sometimes." Drank Cynthiana wine, which is pretty sweet.

Then we hopped over to Mount Pleasant Winery and heard some fun music and drank some good stuff. Really loved the Cabernet Savignon and the Norton there... would've bought some if it wasn't $25 a pop.

We left Mount Pleasant and after a brief traffic detour, (some of my family might be able to debate the word "brief" there) we made it to the Lemp Mansion for dinner (it's the most haunted house in St. Louis - perfect way to celebrate that October starts this week!!!). We happily chowed down on their family-style dinner they serve every Sunday. I'm tellin' ya, if you are reading this blog and you live in St. Louis and you've never had the Sunday feast at Lemp, seriously, you need to. I plan on making a trip back sometime in October to introduce some people who have never done it, so let me know if you are in. (Soon I need to blog about my "must-do's" for the month of October. Sunday at Lemp is definitely on the list.) When we first walked into Lemp today, I felt like I was visiting a friend's house, cause I've been there at least four or five times now, and the house seems to have a personality of its own (which can be a good or bad thing, I suppose). Walked around after dinner and saw that all the upstairs rooms were open, so we got to have a good look around. I was surprised, however, to see that the attic was being remodeled. Half of it looked like it was removed, and now there are doors that lead onto an outdoor patio of some sort. Huh. I wonder what the "residents" think of that. But anyways. Still a creepy place and I still refuse to go anywhere in the house alone, but when I'm with good company, I love it there. I'll definitely be back soon.

Happy day, but now it's time for happy sleep...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome time! Wow. And no, I have never heard of the Sunday Lemp Feast. Cool.

9/27/2004 8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome time! Wow. And no, I have never heard of the Sunday Lemp Feast. Cool. -Kristen

9/27/2004 8:33 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I'm going to try to organize a trip to Lemp sometime this month for all of us... it is seriously to die for! You have to go... Although it's on a Sunday and I know those can be difficult for you... they serve the dinner from 11:30 a.m. to about 8:00 p.m. I think.

9/27/2004 8:42 AM  
Blogger Craig J. said...

Geez, was that a meal!! After driving all over the place all afternoon, I was STARVING. I seriously pigged out. It was like that scene in Harry Potter when all the food just appears in front of the kids.

9/27/2004 1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sundays after 1 or so are cool.
-Kristen

9/29/2004 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home