Monday, October 04, 2004

The Nickname Game (Me too! Me too!)

Alright, here goes my turn at the Nickname Game, started by Anna and continued by others, just cause it looked like fun. And I think I have some fun ones to throw out there, so here we go:

If you call me Kristi, you are one of 95% of people I know. Yay for you!
If you call me Kristin, you are someone I deal with on a professional basis only. Boring.
If you call me Kris, you are one of my immediate family members, most likely my mom, dad, or one of my brothers.
If you call me Kdub, you are probably my sister, or quite possibly C2 (although if it's the latter, it's more likely to be "kdubbadubbadub" or something to that effect.)
If you call me Deestie-Deestie, you are one of my siblings and we are back to being 5 years old.
If you call me Twisti, you are my best friend Twacie, er, I mean Tracie.
If you call me Kwippie, you are from a select group of college friends from my Newman Center days, most likely Tanya, Lisa (Weesa), or Melcher.
If you call me Hot Dog, you are either Tracie (Special Correspondent Corn Nut) or my friend Stephanie (Taquito). (don't ask)
If you call me Banana, you are my friend Stephanie. (taken from a skit we wrote in Spanish class in high school, in which she was Chiquita and I was Banana. "Hola, Chiquita!" "Hola, Banana!")
If you call me P.I.T., you're a certain pirate captain who has taken me in as her "pirate-in-training."
If you call me K-Swiss, you are a woman I used to work with named Gwen who loved to come up with cute little nicknames for everyone.
If you call me Kristine, you are someone who didn't hear me yell my name loud enough in a crowded bar over all the music.
If you call me G(word deleted) Kristi, you are a particular pirate at the St. Louis Renaissance Faire who went out of his way to attempt to make me blush. And succeeded. (From this point forward, you are to discontinue this nickname and replace it with Thousand Sunsets Kristi, to quote the lovely compliment you bestowed on me later.) :)

If you call me Sapphirine, you are, well, ME. Cause only I call myself that. Hey, I found it in the dictionary when I was like 11, thought it was neat, and have used it as my "alias" ever since.
And finally, if you call me "Smile!", you are dead.

And that's a wrap! Please remind me if I have forgotten any, excluding ones like "hey you," and "dork" and the like. :)


Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny! I love reading these nickname things.

-Tanya

10/04/2004 4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

¡Hola, Banana!

My brother Brian bestowed a new nickname on me this weekend, and I just thought I'd share: Jokey McPokeSomeFun. At 1:30 on a Sunday morning, that name is hysterically funny. :)

Steph

10/05/2004 9:25 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I know, it was as if he KNEW how much it bugs me when guys say that. Just classic.

10/05/2004 10:32 AM  
Blogger Craig J. said...

You forgot "Kurstee." Another favorite from early childhood.

10/05/2004 12:38 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Ha! Good ol' Kurstee. What was yours again? Kurg? :)

10/05/2004 3:52 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/05/2004 3:54 PM  
Blogger Craig J. said...

"Kurg", yeah, I think that's right.

At least it isn't dee-dee-go-go.

Brad calls me "Red Leader" (Star Wars reference). I call him Gold Leader.

Brad's dad used to call me Craigie-boy. I'm glad he doesn't anymore.

I don't think I have any other nicknames or aliases that i know of. Mike Vangel (my employer for 4 years) used to call me something but I forget what it was. "Craigger" I think.

10/06/2004 8:33 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Don't forget Anthony Redd... :)

10/06/2004 8:43 AM  
Blogger Craig J. said...

LOL .. That's what "Red Leader" sort of means.

What's the name of that little "duuuhhh" serf you draw?

10/06/2004 2:06 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Well, it doesn't have a name... it's just the dumb serf! Duhhhh... hee hee. :)

10/06/2004 2:09 PM  
Blogger Craig J. said...

LOL .. That's what "Red Leader" sort of means.

What's the name of that little "duuuhhh" serf you draw?

10/06/2004 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home