Friday, October 01, 2004

October To-Do List

OCTOBER IS HERE!!! It's practically a reason to celebrate for me. It is my favorite month, bar none. My ideal October would consist of doing all of the following activities:

  • Attending at least one Halloween costume party. Preferably more so I can get wear out of different costumes. The better decorated the place, the better the party!
  • Visiting the Lemp Mansion for their Sunday lunch/dinner.
  • Participating in a hayride/campfire, roasting marshmallows and telling ghost stories. (Okay so it's been several years since I've done this. I would so love to again.)
  • Visiting a pumpkin patch.
  • Going on a "haunted tour"... I hear there's good ones of the Alton area. (Alton, IL, was once chosen as the nation's most haunted small town. I believe Savannah, GA, currently holds that distinction.)
  • Touring at least one area haunted house. This year, because Molly Crenshaw's Haunted Forest sadly won't be in operation, I may want to try out Tombstone Haunted Ghost Town... if I'm brave enough... looks pretty creepy.
  • Fright Fest at Six Flags. I've never been, but it might be really cool.
  • Going on a long drive on a road with spectacular fall scenery.
  • Eating tons of those little sugarcreme pumpkins and candy corn!

No way would I ever get to do all of these in one month, but it would be cool. Aw, man, I forgot to bring in my little Halloween decorations for my desk... my little ghosties and pumpkins... October's not October without ghosties and pumpkins!! That will be remedied on Monday. Have a happy October 1, everyone!


Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracie said...

Yay for October! We will definately mark most of those off your list this year! And yeah, OctoberFest in Hermann would be GREAT! :)

10/01/2004 10:27 AM  
Blogger Craig J. said...

You may have seen these already .. but ..

http://www.prairieghosts.com/lemp.html

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/MO-LempMansion.html

http://stlouis.about.com/cs/attractions/a/lemp.htm

http://www.ghosthaunting.com/html/lemp_mansion.html <-- very cool!

:)

10/01/2004 11:29 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I should also add: Going to a Masquerade Ball, like we're supposed to do on the 22nd! :)

10/05/2004 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home