Monday, June 15, 2009

C is for Cookie ...Cake Pie



This genius conglomeration of cookie dough, cake, and pie crust is Cakespy's own creation... she is a GENIUS, I tell you. I think she and I are similar in how much we love sweet foods. This looks like it was cooked up by little kids grabbing anything they can find in the kitchen. When I get the chance to try it, mine will be done with sugar cookie mix and probably the funfetti cake that she used, with of course some sprinkles on top. :) I could also do the chocolate chip cookie dough, but then it would be done with yellow cake and topped with chocolate chips, and possibly chocolate icing instead of buttercream. Oh, the possibilities. I tell you, it's pure genius.

I could spend loads of time on C. So let's shorten this entry by featuring a few more C combinations like the one above, shall we?

First up: this week I baked a Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze to spread some cheer among my coworkers. I got LOADS of compliments on it and brought home an empty dish.



Two more of my favorite C foods are cheesecake and coconut. This Coconut Cheesecake with a shortbread cookie crust looks seriously, dangerously, good. If nothing else, I HAVE to try out that shortbread crust for something. Hm, maybe it would be good with banana cream pie...



And also, let's not forget chocolate and cupcakes!! I recently found this recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting that I just HAVE to try soon.



Like I said, I can go on and on with C... but that does enough damage for now!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have the cookie/cake/pie recipe bookmarked; I'm dying to try it!

6/17/2009 11:18 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

If you make it, post your review of it! I would love to hear how it turns out. :)

6/18/2009 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home