Tuesday, May 09, 2006

One Year

As of today, I've officially been a travel agent for one year. :) It goes without saying that I've learned SO much. The question now is, where to go from here? I will probably stick it out a bit longer in my current job... I feel there's still more to learn and take with me when I do move on.

Yesterday really tested me on everything I learned in international training, by the way... I talked to one guy going to Manila, Philippines; another one going to Germany and Austria and needed to change a seat assignment on a "gauge" flight; and another guy asked me the whopper of all international questions: "how do I get a visa for Australia?" We actually learned how to process those electronically last week, because Australia is the one country you can travel to from the US on an electronic visa. But I wasn't allowed to do it for him; that's handled by a different department. Oh well. :)

It would be AWESOME to be so good in this job without having to think that much. People who know that much about international travel never fail to impress me.

So anyways, here's to the next year and where I will be a year from now...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracie said...

Oh my goodness...it has been a year already???

sigh...

5/09/2006 2:10 PM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Congrats, chica. Who knows where this might lead? :)

(I haven't had my head screwed on straight this week, so I missed this post initially. Sorry!)

5/11/2006 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home