Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Chicago Rocks

(Except where baseball is concerned, of course.) :)

Loved the show, loved the train ride there, loved the El, loved the city, loved shopping, loved the food, loved the neighborhood we stayed in, loved it all. We did everything in Chicago that we set out to do, including:

1) Had an awesome time at the concert.
2) Got Chicago-style pizza and ate it with a fork.
3) Spent several hours in Shedd Aquarium.
4) Ate at Grace O'Malley's Irish pub.
5) Shopped on the Magnificent Mile, mostly at Water Tower Place, an eight-story mall.

Seriously, if you're planning a visit to Chicago, I recommend staying in Evanston, a little northern suburb. It has a great little "downtown" area and it's close to two El stops. We felt very safe there as well. Lots of little coffee shops and pubs too. :)

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures. The only day I planned to take pictures, I forgot to bring my camera along. And all the times that I had the camera, I never felt like taking it out to snap a few. Oh well. You can have a good time without stopping to photograph everything.

I gotta visit more of our nation's big cities. Washington DC is high on my list cause I hear it has a good subway system too. :) Any others?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY for Chicago! For me, it's the best city in the world. Then again, I don't have a lot to compare it to. But I'm glad you had fun and that Chicago treated you well.

2/08/2006 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home