Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Salem

Three words: Wet. Cold. Windy.

That sums up my experience of Salem. It rained all day with gusting wind that kept flipping my umbrella inside and out. I did manage to visit three attractions: the Salem Witch Museum, the House of Seven Gables, and the New England Pirate Museum. Seven Gables and the Pirate Museum were the best. I bought a copy of the book "House of the Seven Gables" AT the house, so I'm excited to read that. I also bought a copy of "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire in Salem. Yeah, you can say it. I'm a dork.

The worst thing to happen was right as I was about to get on the train for Boston, I realized I did not have my cellphone. The last place I remembered seeing it was at the House of the Seven Gables, in the cafe. So I tried to stay as cool and collected as possible as I marched myself CLEAR across town, in the wind and rain, back to the House. Luckily for me, they had it. I was so happy. I asked them to call a cab for me back to the train station because I was so sick of walking. The cab cost a mere $5 so that was good. Anyways. I guess that was the stupid thing that I did on this trip. I do something stupid on every trip I take. I'll just watch my stuff more closely this time.

Heading back to NYC this morning...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the cell phone is pretty tiny in the scheme of what COULD happen. SOOO glad you found it before you left Salem AND that you were smart enough to take the cab!!

I loved Salem - just wished I'd spent more time there.

10/26/2005 8:27 AM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Hey! I swear, I've been reading your blog and trying to keep tabs on ya -- I just haven't been commenting! :) Sounds like you are having a FABULOUS time, and I'm SO proud that you calmly retrieved your cellphone. :) Yay!

And sorry about the abrupt text on Saturday -- I was with Joe & Kathy at Walgreens (with my hands full!) on our way to Wheadon's reception. I tried to text you again in the car, but couldn't get a signal. *sigh*

10/26/2005 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home