Monday, October 24, 2005

Catching Up

I don't have a lot of time on this computer so I'll sum up yesterday and today as quick as I can. Yesterday: Walked the Brooklyn Bridge in the morning (it was cold and rainy again, oh well), went shopping at Lush, and went for a walk in Central Park. Visited Belvedere Castle in Central Park, so I got my obligatory castle experience in. :) Next we went to a bar near there called Blondie's, where a bunch of Iowa fans were watching the college football game (Julia's friend Nina is a big Iowa fan). So we watched that and then we got to see Mizzou beat Nebraska (yeah!!!). Then me and Ju went up in the Empire State Building. She had a VIP pass and that was AWESOME. We bypassed all the lines. It took us maybe 5 minutes to get up to the top whereas for most people I'm sure it could take 2 hours or so. We felt so special. It was cloudy, but the view was still pretty awesome.

Then we came down from there, got dinner at Burritoville, then went to Nina's place, then went out to a place called Sing-Sing (you get your own karaoke room) and we didn't get home till 4 in the morning. Very fun, but I was VERY tired and not happy about it.

This morning I got up at 7:30 (I got about 2 hours of sleep in all) and got ready to head off for Boston. First I stopped by St. Patrick's Cathedral to attend the 10:15 mass (gorgeous). Then I caught my Amtrak train into Boston. Hopped the subway and then got on a bus. While on the bus a woman noticed I had asked about Church Street, and she asked me if I was going to this hostel that I'm staying at. I said yeah and she said she could walk me there because it was just around the corner from where she lives. So she told me which stop to get off at and then walked me to the door. It was not where I thought it was so I'm very fortunate she was there and nice enough to show me!!

This hostel is pretty cool. I was in one room at first but it was freezing and right behind the front desk (I heard everything they were saying) so the guy moved me into a room upstairs that's much warmer. Right now I have the room to myself. Interesting. So now I'm in the lounge watching the baseball game... pretty cool. Tomorrow I'm hitting the Freedom Trail. Will report on that later!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you just made my afternoon when I checked and saw that you posted!!! :) I can't wait to hear more!

10/24/2005 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home