Saturday, October 15, 2005

Travelblogue

The date for when I leave for New York is rapidly approaching! I have been gathering "essentials" and getting myself ready for a while now, and I think it's gonna be a really fun time. This is my first time being mostly independent while on a trip, and I'm looking forward to see how that works for me. I may love it or hate it. I may find the freedom of exploring the city on my own exhilarating. Or if I hate it, I never have to do it again. So I'm interested to see how it turns out.

So be sure to tune in here to read about what I'm doing; I'll be posting here as often as I can throughout the trip. When I first started Open Seas, I wanted it to become a sort of travelogue for me to document my journeys, and this will be the first time it'll be used for its true purpose!

So on Thursday, I have to make it into the city all on my own, on two planes, a bus, a subway, and finally on foot. I can't wait to see what the New York subway is like. The next day after that will be visiting Liberty & Ellis Islands, Ground Zero, Times Square, and the Empire State Building, for a start. (I hope I can fit all that into one day! I tend to move pretty quickly, so hopefully I can.)

And Julia, I can't wait to see you! We are gonna have a BLAST!! (And don't worry, nothing else comes before seeing the Cardinals in the World Series...) :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read all about it!

For what it's worth, the Times Square Visitor's Center used to have computers with internet access. But that was almost 6 years ago, so take it with a grain of salt. I enjoyed using them to email folks, etc.

10/16/2005 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home