Saturday, August 27, 2005

Vacation Approacheth

Well, the inevitable happened... the dogs got sold. What's worse is that they had to be split up. But they were both sold to people that already have dogs, so they still won't be alone. And Griffith went to a girl that already has a Yorkie. Jen and I miss them, but we have our free time back to use as we need to instead of tending to small dogs in the apartment constantly. And I made pretty good use of that time yesterday for my day off, I think... I finally started printing pictures from my trip to Ireland and Wales almost two years ago and made a photo album, like I've been meaning to do since we got back from that trip. I finished it today. So glad it's finally done and I'm pretty happy about it.

After looking at all those pictures, I am even more inspired to come up with a really great idea of how to use my October vacation... still don't know what I'm going to do, or what I can even afford to do. Would love to be able to travel alone but I'm afraid I'd just be lonely the whole time and find some way to screw something up. Would love to go somewhere new. Maybe I'll just get in my car and drive somewhere. I may not have a lot of money for a plane ticket. We shall see. I just refuse to stay here and I want to have some fun. I miss traveling and am so anxious to return to it.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever made it to Boston? I think you'd really enjoy it. I think getting in your car and going is a fabulous idea! so much fun!

Something to consider would be to join Hostelling of America or whatever it is, and then stay at some american hostels. I stayed at a fabulous one 20 miles outside of Boston (they even had single rooms). they're also oh-so-cheap, and you can meet people while you're traveling.

8/28/2005 10:30 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Nope, still never made it to Boston. And that would be the time to go, wouldn't it? Fall I mean. Hmmm... I'll have to consider that one... I'd already thought about doing it as a side trip from New York, but maybe it deserves a trip all of its own... :)

8/28/2005 2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you decide to go to London, I know a really really inexpensive hotel you could stay at...with rates that are as low as any hostel! Hahahahaha.

-Ryan

8/29/2005 1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto on what kristen said. you could also take the train to Boston from NYC - an easy ride.

8/29/2005 8:01 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Ryan, I think I might have heard of that one! With a little Pakistani dude behind the desk..? :)

Tanya... well, I only have a week to work with, and there's enough in Boston and New York to keep me busy for a week... they probably both deserve their own trips...

8/30/2005 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you decide...where are you going on vacation?

Joe is coming out to visit next week and I am going on my second vacation of the year. We are going to be mountain men in the wilds of Southwestern Utah at Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks. Keep your fingers crossed that we are not attacked by a cougar!

-Ryan

9/19/2005 10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you decide to go on vacation?

Joe is coming out next week and we are going to see some beautiful National Parks in Utah.

-Ryan

9/21/2005 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home