Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Big News!!

Here it is... the culmination of my pursuits that I've been talking about on this blog up till now... a goal finally accomplished... I have been offered a NEW JOB at a travel company! And a BIG and well-respected travel company at that!! I start May 2. I am so so so excited and so ready to get on with it. I will be in training for three weeks, and then I will start regular employment after that. It is a corporate travel position, but the company is big enough for me to eventually move into leisure travel, whenever I'm ready, and if I am quite honest with myself, I think corporate travel is the best thing for me right now. It's much less sales-oriented, so I can get a feel for booking travel reservations without having to worry about the sales aspect of it. And sales is what I was most worried about. So working in corporate travel is kind of a load off. I still want to eventually move into leisure, and this definitely paves the way for me to do that. And, the pay is higher than what I'm currently making, which was a very pleasant surprise! I haven't officially quit my current job yet (was gonna do that today but the boss is out), but I'll do that Monday. And I have a four-day weekend to look forward to it... road tripping tomorrow and Friday, going to the baseball game on Saturday... life is good. :)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Craig J. said...

You deserve this Kristi. You've been trying for such a long time .. I'm SO happy for you!

Have a GREAT WEEK Kris! :)

4/06/2005 3:22 PM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

I totally agree. You've busted your butt for this, and it's paying off. And that's the way it should be. :) You've done an awesome job so far in getting where you want to be, and I admire that about you. So much. Just thought you should know that. :)

4/06/2005 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kristi...you rock! I am so proud of you and I think it is really wonderful that you figured out exactly what you wanted to do in life and are now about to start a new chapter. This is really great news!

-Ryan

4/06/2005 7:37 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Thanks guys!!! Your support has meant so much to me. All of you. (I feel like I'm accepting an award. "And I'd like to thank my family, and all the wonderful people who have supported me through this endeavor, I could never have done it without you! And I'd like to thank my fans... what do you mean, 'what fans'??" :)

4/06/2005 7:56 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

That was awesome, Craig... :)

4/10/2005 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home