Friday, September 24, 2004

"Oh, yeah, I've, like, TOTALLY been there..."

I can really annoy myself sometimes...

We never did talk about cruises. Instead, we had to finish up the chapter on accommodations, and the teacher mentioned youth hostels. "Has anyone ever stayed in a youth hostel?"
Of course, my hand went up.
"Really? Where?"
"Ireland." I hope I didn't sound TOO smug.
"Wonderful! Ok, class, let's go to this international youth hostel website, and look at some hostels... oh, we'll pick Dublin since we're on the subject..."
I saw a familiar name on the list. "Litton Lane Hostel! I stayed there!"
"Really? How was it?"

And he clicked the link and the whole class was looking at pictures of it online, and I was telling them all about it. Before long I had gotten out my postcards that were leftover in my backpack, which was the same pack I had used on my trip, and the teacher passed them around the room. It was kind of embarrassing actually. "Oh, yeah, I just happen to have my postcards RIGHT HERE! Let me whoop 'em out for ya!" Sheesh...

But as embarrassing as this was, I still got some slight satisfaction that I have been somewhere my travel professor hasn't. Out of all his 20+ years working in travel, the poor guy never went to Ireland. Wow. I told him he should, like, TOTALLY go... :)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/24/2004 8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So excited to see your new blog! I'm enjoying reading about everything.

-Tanya

9/24/2004 8:45 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Yay! So far it hasn't been TOO boring, right? :) I'll try to keep it that way...

9/24/2004 8:56 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Okay Tanya, sorry, I'm the "blog administrator" that removed your first comment. I was just trying to help, but now it looks like someone posted something dirty there that had to be removed! I assure everyone it was totally innocent... hey I'm new at this...

9/24/2004 9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no problem. i didn't realize it went ahead and posted both. :) i thought i was "cancelling" the other one.

not boring at all!

tanya

9/24/2004 12:02 PM  
Blogger SpinKick said...

SO COOL!
Did you mention Wales too? I could say I have stayed in youth hostels in Ireland, Wales, Holland, England and France. Woohoo! Sigh- Litton Lane. I miss it all so much!

9/24/2004 12:09 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I didn't mention Wales right at first, but the class saw my postcards from Wales. They were most impressed with the one of Caerphilly Castle. They couldn't believe something like that was real... sigh. I miss it a lot too.

9/24/2004 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home