Monday, March 19, 2007

Full Italy Mode

The Italy trip starts two months from today. Time to get serious about learning some rudimentary Italian at least. I can't believe how fast four months turned into two. France was almost a whole month ago.

I've been told that we'll be pretty much on our own in Florence. I'm very excited about Florence for some reason. Just looks like an awesome city. Gotta do some research and figure out what I want to see. They have a Shoe Museum and I bet my sister would like seeing that. We may have to make a trip. :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

From museumnetwork.com:

Ferragamo Shoe Facts

* There are approximately 100 sizes of each Ferragamo shoe, with six different widths for each size.
* Ferragamo shoes go through 134 phases of production and are finished by hand. It takes ten days to make a single pair.
* An Australian client in 1956 had a pair of sandals custom fashioned out of 18-carat gold.
* The Cinderella shoe made by Ferragamo for the movie Ever After: A Cinderella Story (USA, 1998, starring Drew Barrymore and Anjelica Huston) was encrusted with 2,000 silver beads, 1,000 diamante, and 40 meters of silver thread.

Interesting. Who knew?? :)

3/23/2007 10:03 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Awesome!! Thanks for the factoids. :)

3/26/2007 5:33 PM  
Blogger tanya said...

I took Italian Renaissance Art one summer at Mizzou, and Florence is like the ART CENTER. I believe il duomo is there (IE, a really big cathedral with a gigantic dome), and also the famous doors by...oh gosh, I can't remember. They may be ON the doors at il duomo. There is art EVERYWHERE in Florence - I know I'd have a ball looking for it and at it!

You're so, so lucky!

3/30/2007 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home