Thursday, February 01, 2007

An Italian Preview

This is not as cool of a job perk as the one mentioned in my last post, but a couple nights ago my work gave me free tickets to see "The Light in the Piazza" at the Fox Theatre (and let me leave early so I could get ready. What a great job). :) It was a cute show. Simple romantic boy-meets-girl plot, beautiful sets, and the actors were all great singers. What I loved most about it, though, was that the majority of the show takes place in Florence, with one scene in Rome: two of the cities I will be visiting on my trip to Italy. :) The sets were really amazing, giving the feel of a real Italian sidestreet or plaza or café or museum. It almost made me want to take notes and see if Florence will really be anything like what they portrayed on stage. :)

And another little sidenote: I'm reading a historical fiction/romance series that my sister-in-law loaned me, and at the end of the first book, the characters planned on going to Rome together, but at the beginning of the second book they ended up taking a trip to Paris first. How telltale is that?? Heeheehee.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger SpinKick said...

Thank you again!!!

Hm- the book thing IS kinda weird.

2/01/2007 11:59 PM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Clearly, they worked for the same company you work for now. :)

You need to practice your accent by watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Lots.

2/02/2007 8:58 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Zat's raht, so Ah can tahlk weet zees outRAHgeous acCENT-uh. :) Ha ha... That'd be too funny. :)

2/03/2007 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home