Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Chill Air

I am oddly excited about the cool air moving into the area today and tomorrow... it means I get to wear a sweatshirt to work tomorrow and for some reason that makes me happy. I'm excited for warm blankets, hot cider, and soups and chilis. In fact I just bought a couple of awesome soup mugs that match my dinnerware. I love soup mugs.

Ok I was interrupted while making this post by the sound of loud meows coming from right outside my door. I opened the door and in ran a little kitten with orange and gray and white markings. It was a beautiful little cat, with no collar and no tags, and it hid under my kitchen table. I coaxed it out, picked it up, and took the mewing little thing upstairs to my neighbors to see if it belonged to them. They said no, but they'd take care of it until they found someone to take it. I honestly wouldn't mind looking after it myself except I'm allergic (I'm itching like crazy now). I'd have to go get shots if I were going to take care of it. I was briefly tempted because it really was a pretty little kitty... my neighbor promised that he was perfectly capable of taking care of it. I told him to let me know if he found out whose it is. I feel kinda bad about dumping it on him though...


Edited later: The cat's owner was found! It's the people right across the hall. :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Wow. It's not every day you here the phrase "awesome soup mugs". :)

And speaking of kittens in our apartment complex, there's one over by us, too. I was outside the other night when it went running by in the parking lot, and when I called it, the damn thing HISSED AT ME. From ACROSS THE LOT. So, you know, that one isn't very sweet...

10/11/2006 4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow. To think that you actually contemplated keeping the cute little bugger...

Pandora and Sebastian must be rubbing off on you. :)

10/11/2006 11:22 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

They are sooo worth the shots, I never thought I would be a cat person, but, I love my cat. And I like the cool weather, too. I can't wait for the first snow. Chili, Clam Chowder, Cider, and of course hockey and snow-skiing. I love this time of year.

10/14/2006 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home