Saturday, October 07, 2006

Z is for Zoo

What kind of bad St. Louisan am I, that I haven't been to our probably-second-best-in-the-country-yet-still-free zoo in almost 10 years? I need to go. It's probably too late to say it now cause who knows if we could arrange an outing before it gets too cold. I suppose I could get brave and go by myself on one of my off days. I wonder what that would be like. It could be fun.

Another St. Louis destination that I am long overdue for revisiting is the Anheuser-Busch brewery... I haven't toured it since I was drinking age. In fact I think the last time, I was WELL below drinking age. 10 years below, I think. But that's not something I want to do on my own. You just don't drink beer out in public alone.

I should be a tourist in my own city more often. Then when people come to town and want me to show them around, I'm not lost for suggestions.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

I'll go. I love the zoo, and never get to go either. However, you may have to smack me when I start spouting useless facts about certain animals.

10/07/2006 6:03 PM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

I TOTALLY want to go to the zoo, too. I still haven't seen the penguins!!! GAH!

And the brewery is always fun. I think I went a few years ago, but I'll be darned if I can remember who with...oops.

10/07/2006 7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Second best zoo? SECOND BEST??? Ehem, pardon me for a moment, but...we have THE BEST zoo in the nation.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. :)

10/08/2006 12:49 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Did we officially beat out San Diego in the best zoo competition?

Not to mention what ELSE we just beat them at... :) (GO CARDS)

10/08/2006 10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does it have to be a competition? Both zoos are great! But we did beat the Padres! Go Cards! And go Rams and Mizzou! Good sports weekend.

I have never been to the brewery, though I drive by it and smell it every day. Makes me want to go!

FYI...St. Louis zoo totally beats San Diego zoo! ;)

- Joseph

10/09/2006 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home