Friday, April 29, 2005

Week 1

My vacation is passing by too quickly! But it's been good so far. Here are some of the things I've accomplished during my first week off:

- Had lunch with several friends, including Tracie, Janice, Kristen, and
Stephanie.

- Cleaned my kitchen and my bathroom from top to bottom.

- Worked out almost every day this week so far.

- Colored my hair a darker shade of brown.

- Got a 100% on my paper for Intro to Hospitality. Yeah! :)

- Got halfway through my book, "The Princes of Ireland" by Edward Rutherfurd.

- Saw The Game of Their Lives, a movie about soccer that was partially filmed in St. Louis. Very cool.

- Re-signed the lease on my apartment and signed up to get the carpets steam-cleaned, which has been long overdue.

- Got my hair trimmed.

- Went to band practice where we recorded some of our songs for a CD to distribute to potential venues.

- Got my last paycheck from my now-ex-employer. It's nice, but I was expecting it to be a little more than what it was... oh well. Nice to have some shopping money now!

And that's about it. Today, Friday, is the first day that I don't have anything planned during the day, so I'm just gonna take it easy and relax. Probably the reason why this vacation seems to be getting away from me so quickly is because I haven't taken enough time to just do nothing. There's just not enough hours in the day to do all the nothing I want... :)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Dude, we should watch ROTK tonight.

4/29/2005 12:36 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Ohhhhh.

Call me later.

4/29/2005 12:43 PM  
Blogger Craig J. said...

> There's just not enough hours in the day to do all the nothing I want.

There never are.

4/29/2005 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did they pay you for the vacation time you'd earned?

4/29/2005 3:37 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Yeah, I guess it would make sense if it were just my last two weeks of work and all the vacation, but it doesn't seem to account for all the overtime hours I worked during that last week. Unless taxes just took a really heavy toll on this check... which is probably what happened...

4/29/2005 3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this paycheck covered through the 24th. Perhaps you'll get another check with the vacation pay, as if you were taking vacation this week and next, or was it specifically included in the check?

4/29/2005 10:34 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

No, I think it was all supposed to be included in that one check. There's no way that this check is just the last pay period with the overtime pay... it's too big for that, but yet too small to be ALL of it... unless like I said, taxes really took a hit. Ugh.

4/30/2005 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home